Damiano Martorelli was born in Feltre (BL), but he has been living and studying since childhood in the two Autonomous Provinces of Trento and Bolzano (Italy). He obtained two master’s degrees with Honors (Magna cum laude), in Materials Engineering and Archeology, and a phD in Materials Engineering, Mechatronics and System Engineering. Furthermore, it has the EFPA international certification in the financial field. After having held various managerial roles in various companies, he is now the owner of his own consulting firm in various fields.
Moreover, within the more general archaeometric techniques for conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage, he carries on research activities at the Cultural Heritage laboratory in the Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Trento (Italy).
- A combined experimental approach to the study of ancient coins and its application the Venetian “sesino”, in Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms.
- Combined XRD-XRF cluster analysis for automatic chemical and crystallographic surface mappings, in Powder Diffraction
- Characterization of the mistura alloy used for Venetian sesino coins: 16th century, in X-Ray Spectrometry
He has published a novel, “Lo Stagno Incantato” (Youcanprint, 2015) and two essays: “Introduzione alle figure retoriche nella lingua italiana” (Youcanprint, 2017) and “L’Alto Adige/Suedtirol dalla caduta dell’Impero Romano all’avvento di Carlo Magno” (2a ed. Youcanprint, 2017).
Moreover, he has published the poetry collections “Le 4 Stagioni del Cuore” (Youcanprint, 2013), “Sulle ali del vento” (Editrice Urso, 2015), “Rosa dei Venti” (Youcanprint, 2015), “Il Vento della Memoria” (Editrice Urso, 2016), “Il Faro dei Sogni” (Youcanprint, 2018), “Il nastro di Arianna” (Youcanprint, 2019) , achieving various prizes and acknowledgments.
He has been also selected for the “Italian Encyclopedia of Contemporary poets“, vol. 2 (Aletti Editore, 2019) and for various poetry anthological editions:
- “Prima Biennale della Creatività in Italia” (EA Editore, 2014);
- “Sentire” vol. 44 (Aletti Editore, 2014);
- “Premio Dante Alighieri” (EA Editore, 2015);
- “Il Federiciano 2015” (Aletti Editore, 2015);
- “Il Federiciano 2017” (Aletti Editore, 2017).
- “Verrà il mattino e avrà un tuo verso. Poesie d’amore. XV ediz.” (Aletti Editore, 2018)
- “Dedicato a… Poesie per ricordare” (Aletti Editore, 2018) with Mention of Merit.
- “Poesie d’amore”, vol. 10 (Edizioni Penna d’Autore, 2019)
- “Verrà il mattino e avrà un tuo verso. Poesie d’amore. XVI ediz.” (Aletti Editore, 2019)
- “Il Federiciano 2019” (Aletti Editore, 2019).